How Do I Get Booked & things to Keep in mind:
1. Performers in recovery long timers and New Comers welcome. Im also looking for performers who are recovering from being affected from a loved ones problem drinking or drug use. This includes recovery at the spiritual, emotional, physical level for example Eating/Mental disorders as a result of addiction/alcoholism or being affected by addiction/alcoholism. Content is 18+ Rated R.
2. EMAIL VERONICA PORRAS BOOKER at SOBERSHOW AT GMAIL DOT COM
SUBMIT A 3-5 MIN CLIP OF YOUR ACT. If you don't have a clip, email me for an audition spot on a upcoming show.
Comedian Submissions - Jokes are Recovery Based
Musicians Submissions - No Covers. Original content only. Recovery Based. Songs based on your recovery experience. Acoustic sets, solo performers. If you have a FULL band, I can accommodate max 2-3 performers on the stage area. It depends on the act get in touch with me on what you want to do if you have a large band.
Magicians - Tricks & Illusions based on your recovery experience. No Fire, knifes, sharp objects, juggling limited to balls
3. Content 18+ rated R and recovery based. No stripping, No Mic Dropping during acts. The AV equipment is borrowed and I would like to keep using it. Respect the venue, other performers and audience. Sometimes the Musical headliner may bring their own equipment. Respect of another person’s equipment is expected at all times!
4. If you have Merch, feel free to bring it to sell.
5. What if I relapse? Can I still be part of the show?
This disease is cunning, baffling and powerful. I can give you numbers of performers in recovery that you can talk to. Your drinking and using and relapse is none of my business, but I have to practice my program as well as a person who is a friend and affected by someone’s problem drinking and using. Emotional, Spiritual, & Physical Safety takes priority. Get the help you need.
6. I stopped Drinking, but I smoke weed can I still be on the show?
Good Question. Sober Show does not endorse or condone how a Sober Show Performer on the Talent roster processes their personal recovery. We are all doing our best and Sober Show does not keep track or make sure of the performers sobriety. If a relapse happens or addiction/alcoholic behavior compromises the integrity of the show I will listen to your side of what happen and I’ll speak my truth. My decision is final. Safety, emotional, & spiritual principles take precedence above personalities. Get the help that you need. You can always come back to Sober Show. The primary focus is recovery consider that the audience is primarily in recovery, looking for recovery, looking for Sober and clean entertainment venues. An Audience member may stop drinking & still be smoking weed or taking pills but to have that as a Sober Show Performer within the context of the show, I can’t permit that. You are welcome to be an audience member.
7. Getting Paid. Paid spots are for Headliner and Host. Out of Town Performers outside of Portland City Limits get gas money. Please refrain from sharing with other performers or posting on social media how much you are getting paid. Thanks!